1. My new look is from Blogger In Draft. New templates that are more customizable. Check it out.
2. I like the three columns on my blog. I had just learned how to do the HTML for 3 columns, made the changes and then Blogger offers the new templates. They obviously don’t know I have few brains cells left and they just wasted a bunch.
3. I think the colors are very soothing and easy on the eyes. The simplicity appeals to me.
4. I was very happy when Blogger gave us pages at the top.
5. I just added Disqus. I really wanted to be able to do nested replies in the comments.
6. Disqus accepts Facebook and Twitter login ID’s.
7. I would like Disqus to accept Google ID’s. (I know. I am never satisfied.)
8. So far, the Disqus Top Commenter widget is not working. This was something else I’ve been wanting on
my Blogger blog.
9. I had thought for a while that I lost all of my comments when I added Disqus but it was just syncing my old comments with the new system. “They” should let us know these things. I actually woke from a “deleted comment nightmare” last night. Sure, I’m highly neurotic, but still.
10. I tried Intense Debate before Disqus. I’m not linking to them. It didn’t work. It just shut off my comments.
11. Thanks, Thom (who I am linking to because I love him and he is the bestest) told me about Disqus (sorry Quilly – I love you too even though I am using Blogger and Disqus – thanks for still putting up with me.)
12. Alice from Alice’s Restaurant said she had more Nettiquette to impart to us. Let’s go see if she does, shall we? If you have something to say on Nettiquette, add yourself to Mr. Linky below.
13. I’ve wasted enough time playing with blogs, rearranging my internet furniture and getting new toys. I have at least one meme for each day of the week, so I can post on the fly when I have no time for anything. Time to shit or get off the pot!
Nessa’s Nettiquette Mr. Linky
Be sure to link only Nettiquette posts. I will delete all others.
Just so you know,Nessa... the new features in blogger, I tried the new template and I kept having to debug my Safari Browser. Hence I am not using that, as even they (blogger) stated that it is only supported by certain browsers. Just thought I will share. Do not wish for you to get too frustrated with the new templates.ReplyDelete
Have a great and blessed Easter Sunday!
Nessa -- I love you, too. That's why I stick around even when you use technology that irks me.ReplyDelete
I agree - the look is soothing on the eyes.ReplyDelete
You go girl, sounds like you have a plan and it's working.ReplyDelete
Dorothy from grammology
Lmao, blogger has given me premature gray hairs! I love the new look! Any stress it has given you has paid off :)ReplyDelete
I'm probably a 'tard because I'm thoroughly confused!ReplyDelete
And to think, back in 1997 I worked as internet tech support--they'd laugh me out of town now if I tried!ReplyDelete
Thanks Shakira. That's helpful for people to know. I have not had any problems with the template myself but I use Google Chrome as my browser.ReplyDelete
We have so much in common that we need something to spice things up or we'd get bored with the sameness.ReplyDelete
I really do like the colors.ReplyDelete
I'm glad it looks that way. Now if only it were real.ReplyDelete
Blogger does have it's moments. I've been away and come back. I'm sure it will happen again.ReplyDelete
I have found techiness to be another relative thing.ReplyDelete
I used this commenting engine a few months back. I had so many problems with it that I had to dump it. And changing back is VERY hard to do. I hope you have a backup copy of your template before you changed to this. That is the only way to get DISQUS out of you blog if you want to change back.ReplyDelete
Regarding #13, is it poor manners to ask what either of those two alternatives actually means?ReplyDelete
Several people have mentioned problems with Disqus but I have not seen any with the commenting part yet. I did save a copy of my template. Thanks.ReplyDelete
It is not poor manners. Gosh the answer would take a whole post. The short version is: I "say" I want to do certain things but never actually "do" them. Time to stop playing all of these games with myself. I have allowed the commitments I have made a decade or more ago to lull me into inertia. The pain of the known is finally becoming more unbearable than the fear of the unknown. Is that vague enough? maybe I will elaborate in a post as a way for clarifying where i want my life to go.ReplyDelete
I like the new look on your blog, and I hope you don't have problem with "disqus". It's kinda neat actually..ReplyDelete
I like it too. *knock on wood*ReplyDelete
I love the way your blog is looking and I love all the new options that blogger is offering. I use Disqus and I like it for the most part. I definitely like it better than Blogger's default commenting system.ReplyDelete
You should send them your login suggestion.
I think it is the comment program which should be gone soon.ReplyDelete
There have been people who could not comment at all and others had various problems so it is coming off.ReplyDelete
I really like the new look too. Thanks.ReplyDelete
I've had mixed results with disqus on other people's blogs. I don't know why blogger can't just add a function that allows you to insert a response to a comment.ReplyDelete