Saturday, February 28, 2009
Seven Snippets #2
1. Last Sunday, we showed off our vacation home to my parents and brother and sister-in-law. We sat in the trailer which sat in the driveway. Rain pitter-patted the roof as we drank beer and wine to christen the camper in proper form. My brother and sister-in-law left for a previous engagement. My parents stayed for dinner. I had put my special meatballs in a crock pot (I will post the recipe - you will not believe how much people love them.) After eating, we spent the evening playing Wii™ bowling. My mother beat the pants off of us. My father pouted. They are addicted.
2. Monday morning, two Sparrow Hawks wrestled in the air and flew into my front porch, which is enclosed with glass sliding doors. They tumbled on the sidewalk. By the time I had camera in hand, one had flown away. Stunned and with a hurt left wing and left leg, the second Hawk sat on the sidewalk and posed for me. You saw a picture yesterday.
3. My daughter began her new job this week. A load has been taken from us all. Health benefits and a second income - yeah, baby!
4. Last night was my first art studio night. I showed GB what few items I had in my portfolio. She said I could draw and she liked my design abilities and pronounced me promising. Of course, my oil painting skills are crap which is why I am going there.
My first project is for my father and I am only doing it because he asked. He found an old two handed logging saw. He asked me to paint scenes of the Mirabell Gardens (where my parents married) and Festung Hohensalzburg on it. I am sure you recognize these places from The Sound of Music. I will add Edelweiss and Encian flowers on the narrow parts of the blade. I will post pictures when I am done (by April 6, my dad's birthday.)
5. Through NaNoWriMo I have the opportunity to get a free copy of my 2007 novel Ancestral Head in book form from a self publishing company. I have until mid-April to do that. I have finished editing the first two chapters. This is an excellent opportunity to learn how the process works. I will actually have a copyrighted book with a real ISBN and everything.
6. Being a bit slow on the uptake, I just figured out how to use post "scheduling." An amazing feature.= )
7. So that I can stay ahead of the game, I have developed a posting plan. I make no promises (we all know how reliable I am) but maybe it will help when I am too tired to think straight.
Monday - 100 words or Portrait of Words, Jeff B's monthly writing prompt
Tuesday - Tabulation (list of ten themed items)
Wednesday - From My Sketchbook
Thursday - Three Word Thursday, Quilly's weekly obscure word game
Friday - Foto Friday
Saturday - Seven Snippets (a review of my week)
Sunday - Poetry
The hope is that I can maintain focus and always post a week ahead with leeway built in for real life.