Here are 5 important things I learned while doing the Rabbit, Rabbit 20230101 - Hibernating Hares, Not watercolor painting.
1. Lazy and impatient don't pay. I planned on a quick sketch but ended up working on it for five days and got really lost in the process in a good way.
~ click images to make bigger ~
2. Use a watercolor pencil for the underdrawing. Much more versatile and has fewer harsh lines to deal with.
3. Tape down that paper to prevent buckling, especially since I love to use so much water.
4. I didn't like the white that came with the paint set I used, so I added a bright white acrylic and couldn't mix or paint over it with additional watercolor.
5. It's light to dark. Remember that. I love the burst of color but once you put it down, it's more difficult to remove, although it can be done.
Slide video of the process for this painting.
I look forward to learning and painting more watercolors.
Thank you for this.ReplyDelete
I really love this. I always say I'm not really a writer, I'm a frustrated musician and artist. I don't have the talent for music and I don't have the patience for art, so I write the things I imagine.ReplyDelete
I find art meditative. I get lost in it for hours.Delete